Sylvain Wallez wrote:

[X] "foo.bar:input"  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
[ ] "foo.bar..input" (double period)
[ ] "foo.bar.input." (trailing period)
[ ] "foo.bar._input" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the beginning of widget names)

Cast your votes!

As I would never use CSS rules based on IDs as they are a moving target IMHO I don't have a problem with it. And if I really had to, there is at least some workaround IIUC. The other options are really ugly. So +1 for the first.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc