Reinhard Poetz napisaƂ(a):
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> BTW: Can we have a released deployer plugin as well.
>
> I think that Cocoon should only have one Maven plugin with as many goals
> as needed. Hence I propose that we merge the deployer and the reloading
> classloader plugin into a single one:
>  cocoon:deploy ..... provides shielding and *.xpatch support for "war"
>                      proejcts

Why we need cocoon:deploy at all? I remember that deployer was needed to do
some assembly work but it's not needed
anymore because everything is performed at runtime, right?
What's that *.xpatch support? Functionality for patching web.xml file or
something else?

>  cocoon:rcl ........ provides a minimal web environment for blocks
>                      ("jar") amd complete reloading of all resources
>                      (Cocoon resources, Java files, Spring context)
>
> I'm sure that other goals will follow in the future (scaffolding,
> upgrade support, etc.).

It would be great if Cocoon had mechanisms to could make upgrading easier but
to be honest I can hardly imagine such
tool. Can you elaborate a little bit?
Oh, and what's "scaffolding" thing? (here, probably my poor English is showing
off)

All in all, as usual your proposal is great and go ahead. I hope this changes
will be straightforward and lead to quick
release of Cocoon plug-in ;-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski