On Dec 19, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Generally, making sure that 2.1 functionality is working fine in 2.2 is more critical. Once it is all there, we can finally make a beta release.

What do you mean by "beta"?

It is getting to the stable state, implementation (barring few bugs) is almost working.

If you recall:
  Alfa: Interfaces are almost complete, but changes are still possible.
        Implementation is incomplete, unstable.
  Beta: Interfaces are complete.
Implementation is almost complete, but bugs are still present and changes are expected.
  RC/Final:
        Interfaces are complete.
        Implementation is complete.
Expected changes amount to performance improvements, code cleanup, and documentation.

For example, if I'm not mistaken, cocoon-servlet-service-impl is currently clearly in the alfa state: * TODO Plenty of work left to have a meaningfull implementation of all methods
 // TODO Auto-generated method stub
etc.

Vadim