On Dec 21, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Ralph Goers
>> <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>wrote:
>>

>>> I would say that is up to the RM :)
>
> Did you add the above comment? It wasn't in my original email.
>

>> I personally don't have a problem with the out-of-synch condition.  What is
>> important is, like changes.xml or any other file, what gets tagged and
>> released.
>
> Well, this creates a problem. I don't want to do the manual step as the
> release should consist of "mvn release:prepare release:perform".  I can
> easily add the release notes to the zip but they won't be in svn since they
> are generated to the target directory and then copied into the zip by the
> assembly plugin.  I've thought about putting them into a META-INF directory
> to indicate that they were generated.

I decided to see how Maven handles this problem.  They don't include the
release notes in either the binary or the source distribution. Instead, they
have the release notes as a separate download from the download site.
http://maven.apache.org/download.html

I could easily do this as well if the download page was set up to support it.

Ralph