On Mar 29, 2011, at 8:08 AM, sebb wrote:

> Yes, that is true.
>
> Also, had the [net] release been using Nexus, it would have required 2
> additional manual stages to close and then release the Maven
> artifacts.
> It is impossible to accidentally release Maven artifacts using Maven
> command-line when using a staging manager such as Nexus.
>
> But I agree that using manual processes up to that point is better
> than trying to use the Maven release plugin.

As you well know, I've been working on releasing vfs for what seems like
forever. The build using the release plugin took quite a bit of work to get
going but now that it works there is no way I'd switch to something more
manual. The only problem I have at the moment is that I'm waiting for the SCM
plugin vote to pass so I can push out a new release of the release plugin.
That is so I can remove the release notes from svn after the tag is cut.  Once
I have that I will be a happy camper.

Ralph