Very late, but I've been a tad busy in the new-parent department.

Generally I agree with Phil's email. I don't really care though - I
recognize that my main pain with Nexus is a) the experience to know
not to trust magical systems & b) not being full of energy to follow
yet another build system change. I'm sure Maven 3.0 will be coming and
I'll have to find the time to look into that.

I've a bunch of JIRA plugins that are basically dead now because
Atlassian moved to OpenSocial and I don't have the time/interest to
read up on OpenSocial. This is the same - major shifts are costly and
I'm now in the 'can't keep up'. My time is worth more to me than the
novelty of the features :) Sucks to be me.

What I do care about is releasing often. Which is farcical given how
few times I've released. I want to release every month. Every week if
possible. With minimal effort as I don't have the time to waste
building releases for code that is fine enough. If that means pressing
some magic button and Nexus takes care of things; fine. I'm loathe to
read the 7 pages of "How to Release updated for Nexus", but I
recognize that a lot of that is my own lacking. That said 97% of it is
boring as it's really How to Release [the Nexus version] and not the
10 line page that its title implies it should be).

[Side note; this is insane:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-encryption.html - I vomit
every time it's implied I should put passwords in the Maven settings
file]

End of opinion :)

Hen