On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And then you need to check the hashes and sigs again since you are
> now working with downloaded copies of the files that we voted on.
> Seems much easier and more correct to me to just scp the files to
> p.a.o., let people vote on them and *move* exactly those files to
> /dist.

You don't get the point of Nexus and the maven-release-plugin, Phil.
The point is that these files (hashes and sigs) are already created,
ready to use and, indeed, will be simply moved to /dist, just as you
are suggesting.

> Sorry, I don't buy that.  The tars and zips need to "live" in
> /dist.  The maven artifacts need to make their way to the maven
> mirrors.  Having a "staging" repo where we can inspect the maven
> bits before they get pushed out is great (though I think our homes
> on p.a.o are fine for this).  Why can't we just push files directly
> there using scp or Ant tasks and then "promote" them to the rsynch
> repo using a little script including commands like those in step 3
> of http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html?

As I said: Your "little script" would simply be duplicating the
maven-release-plugin. Which is in no way "little".

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)