On 11 September 2011 14:28, Gilles Sadowski
<gil...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
>> + * Precomputed literal arrays are provided in this class to speed up load
>> + * time.
>
> This is an implementation detail, subject to change in the (hopefully
> not-so-distant) future.

Disagree.

> I would certainly not advertize it in the Javadoc.

I agree here.

I would also not advertise the ability to change to on the fly
computation, as I think this facility should be removed.

There is quite a lot of code that relates only to the computation.
The code should be kept, but in a separate class (may need to add some
package protected methods to provide access).

I don't think minimising the class source file size is nearly as
important as the startup time.

However, there are things that can be done to make the source file
easier to read.

Moving the startup code into a separate class would reduce the size of
the class somewhat.
The private classes holding preset arrays can be moved to the end of
the class, and entries can be packaged several per line to shorten the
file.