On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2012, at 21:19, Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> It's been 3 years since Imaging 0.97 was released,
>> and many bugs have been fixed and many features added,
>> so I would like to release a long overdue Imaging 1.0.
>>
>> Imaging 1.0, RC2 is available for review here:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~damjan/imaging-1.0-RC2/
>>
>> Maven artifacts are here:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~damjan/imaging-1.0-RC2/maven
>>
>> Details of changes since 0.97 are in the release notes:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~damjan/imaging-1.0-RC2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>  http://people.apache.org/~damjan/imaging-1.0-RC2/site/changes-report.html
>>
>> I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven2.
>>
>> The tag is here:
>>  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/imaging/tags/IMAGING_1_0_RC2/
>>
>> Site:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~damjan/imaging-1.0-RC2/site/
>>
>> Clirr Report is irrelevant - there is no source/binary/semantic
>> compatibility with 0.97.
>
> Since this is 1.0, I am more concerned with getting the API right than
> compatibility with a sandbox version. My question therefore is: are
> you happy with the API?
>
> I am traveling ATM and cannot dig into my IDE.
>
> I took a peek at the reports and there are a lot of issues reported by
> FindBugs, PMD and so on. What is the plan there?

The API is fine for now. It could use some improvements, but that's
something I'd rather leave for version 2.0.

I've already fixed all the FindBugs problems that are worth fixing,
the rest are non-issues. The issues PMD finds (final modifiers in
final classes, empty catch blocks, unused parameters) are things I
consider normal.

> Gary
>

>> RAT Report:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~damjan/imaging-1.0-RC2/site/rat-report.html
>>
>> Votes, please.  This vote will close in 72 hours, Friday 27 July 2012
>> at 02:00 GMT.
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>> [ ] +0 OK, but...
>> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...