On 28 September 2012 18:47, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>
>> On 28 September 2012 08:17, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@scalaris.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Sebb,

>>> At least I should have checked it with a profiler before. Don't we have a
>>> YourKit license for Apache somewhere?
>>
>> Is a hoped for performance gain why you made the change?
>>
>> Unless there is a significant improvement across several Java
>> versions, I'm -1 on the change as the code is now more obscure.
>
> Done.

Thanks!

> Any comment on replacing the standard hex representation (i.e. lower case
> letters like JDK does)?

50/50

But it needs to be documented better; e.g. intToHexDigitM0 does not
say whether output is upper or lower case.

It's good that the code accepts either case on input.

==

I find the naming convention rather difficult to follow.

For example, the letter 's' sometimes means 'array' and sometimes means 'string'
Also M0 is not obvious as an abbreviation, nor is BeM0