I don't know if that matters but I got some problems with Java 8:

1. Jacoco crashed:

        at
        at
        at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:386)
        at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:401)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Class java/util/UUID could not be
instrumented.
        at
org.jacoco.agent.rt.internal_6effb9e.core.runtime.ModifiedSystemClassRuntime.createFor(ModifiedSystemClassRuntime.java:138)
        at
org.jacoco.agent.rt.internal_6effb9e.core.runtime.ModifiedSystemClassRuntime.createFor(ModifiedSystemClassRuntime.java:99)
        at
org.jacoco.agent.rt.internal_6effb9e.PreMain.createRuntime(PreMain.java:55)
        at org.jacoco.agent.rt.internal_6effb9e.PreMain.premain(PreMain.java:47)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: $jacocoAccess
        at java.lang.Class.getField(Class.java:1690)
        at
org.jacoco.agent.rt.internal_6effb9e.core.runtime.ModifiedSystemClassRuntime.createFor(ModifiedSystemClassRuntime.java:136)
        ... 9 more

2. Two tests are failing:

Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.001 sec <<<
FAILURE! - in org.apache.commons.math3.ml.neuralnet.NetworkTest
testIterationOrder(org.apache.commons.math3.ml.neuralnet.NetworkTest)  Time
elapsed: 0.001 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: null
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
        at
org.apache.commons.math3.ml.neuralnet.NetworkTest.testIterationOrder(NetworkTest.java:133)

Tests run: 48, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 22.278 sec <<<
FAILURE! - in org.apache.commons.math3.util.FastMathTest
checkMissingFastMathClasses(org.apache.commons.math3.util.FastMathTest)  Time
elapsed: 0.011 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: FastMath should implement all StrictMath methods
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at
org.apache.commons.math3.util.FastMathTest.checkMissingFastMathClasses(FastMathTest.java:1109)

Emmanuel Bourg