If you are referring to default functions on interfaces, it's not going to
be like multiple inheritance C++ style.  Their rationale is to help for
backwards compatibility with upgraded interfaces that add methods.
Obviously it could be used to intentionally provide default methods from
the very beginning, but since I've never designed an interface with that
construct in mind I'm personally going to tread lightly with that idea.
Thankfully, as far as I know, if two interfaces have a default method with
the same signature then the code won't compile versus just "guessing" which
one you meant.

If the real crux is lambda expressions have we thought about doing
something with either Retrolambda (back porter) or  LambdaJ (Google's
Apache 2.0 licensed pre-Java 8 lambda library)?