Is BCEL-209 the only pending issue that would break binary compatibility?
Perhaps we could prioritize the issues that would break compatibility.
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Why do you say users would have to rename all their import statements?
Is
> > there a patch pending that we're consider which would change the package
> > name? I don't think there'd be any changes that be hard for end users to
> > deal with that I'm aware of.
> >

> Changing the major version number for a commons component always implies
> changing maven coords and the package name.

No, it does not. We can release a new major version without a new package
name and new maven coords IFF the new version is binary compatible.

Gary

--
E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>