On 11/4/15 5:50 AM, Gilles wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 19:37:48 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
>> Here is a tally of the VOTE
>>
>> Commons PMC:
>> +1 from Dave Brosius, Luc Maisonobe, Phil Steitz, Joerg Schaibl,
>> Oliver Heger, Gary Gregory, Niall Pemberton
>> +0 from BenediKt Ritter
>> -0 from
>> -1 from Emmanuel Bourg, Mark Thomas, James Carman
>>
>> Others:
>> -1 from Uwe Barthel
>>
>> This VOTE, therefore, passes.
>>
>> I am not happy about proceeding, though, in the presence of the -1
>> votes.  We like to make decisions by consensus and while this is a
>> procedural decision and therefore subject to majority approval, I
>> would like to ask those who case negative votes to reconsider.  I
>> would also like to allow any others who have not registered an
>> opinion to chime in so we make the right decision.
>
> Would it make it any easier if the transfer were to an existing
> component?  ["Commons-Lang" seems quite appropriate.]

That's a good idea; but I don't personally think it is appropriate.
We have tried to keep the scope of [lang] contained to simple
extensions of the jdk.  Way back in ancient history, the same
approach was considered for [math], but it ended up starting in the
sandbox as a separate component instead.  It doesn't really matter
that much, though, as in either case we should start in the sandbox
with a new sandbox component.

Phil