Am Samstag, den 22.10.2016, 23:25 +0100 schrieb Bernd Porr:

(...)

> I'm not too crazy about proper FIR filters in JAVA because even in
> C++
> they are just too slow and one would need to write them as JNI calls
> C to make them run fast enough (for example a 50Hz notch for ECG at
> 1kHz
> requires 500taps at a bandwidth of 4Hz -- in theory!). Not sure how
> excited people here are about C/JNI calls. However the FIR filter
> _design_ = creating an impulse response is useful for a-causal
> offline
> computation using the convolution operation (but the 1D convolution
> is
> already implemented isn't it?).

If the Just In Time compiler of the runtime kicks in, it will go
fast...
You can avoid wrapper code (get|set) and access the fields directly -
ist will improve speed even more. Here is an example of a java
filtering (converted form the signalprocessing package of octave) I did
a couple of years ago:
 https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsp4

(...)

Arne