Hi Bernd, sounds like we agree on basically everything there is to do.

> I've spent the weekend adding maven support to the IIRJ library. So now
> a simple "mvn install" does the job. Also done the testing properly with
> "mvn test" which generates all the different kinds of impulse responses
> and puts them in different subdirs for evaluation.
> https://github.com/berndporr/iirj

I can confirm that this builds on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 .

The next step, then (I think) is that as a committer, I can submit a
proposal to get this idea established in the Incubator as a podling for a
commons sub-project.

The one technical question I have is whether it is okay to use Math 3.x as
a dependency for now, presumably substituting spin-out former math
components in later, to ensure that all of our dependencies are actively
maintained. I am going to assume this is okay for reasons of momentum.

So now I must go find a potential project champion..back soon. :)

Best,
Eric