On 24/10/16 14:26, Gilles wrote:
Hi.

[...]

The next step, then (I think) is that as a committer, I can submit a
proposal to get this idea established in the Incubator as a podling
for a
commons sub-project.

I suggest to use the sandbox, within "Commons".
Stupid queston: where do I find that?

In terms of directory structure. Just now the "filter subdir" contains a couple of classes all belonging to the Kalman filter.

Then I'll be adding a couple of classes belonging the IIR filters.

At some point somebody will be adding classes for FIR filters.

Perhaps one could create subdirs:

filter - Kalman
       - IIR
       - FIR
       - ...

What do you think?

Thanks!

The one technical question I have is whether it is okay to use Math
3.x as
a dependency for now, presumably substituting spin-out former math
components in later, to ensure that all of our dependencies are actively
maintained. I am going to assume this is okay for reasons of momentum.
I think Math 3.x should be fine. I had it at 3.2 and now changed it to
3.6.1 and it works fine. All filters generate the right response.

If you need to depend on "Commons Math", please depend on the
development version (a.k.a. CM version 4), as it is from there
that code must extracted to create candidate components.
That makes sense. I use heavily the Complex numbers of Commons Math and the Laguerre root finder. No other dependencies.

Whatever you need to depend on for the "filter" package is a
strong candidate to examine thoroughly and revamp, if necessary,
for inclusion in a component of its own (or "filter" itself).
No sure what you mean by this. Can give an example?

So, that do I need to do at this point?

Best,
/Bernd

Best regards,