Sorry, my earlier message was truncated.

On 13/03/2019 18:31, Gilles Sadowski wrote:

I ran:

XorShiftXorComposite: XorComposite using XorShift1024Star +
XorShift1024StarPhi with the same seed

XorShiftSerialComposite: SerialComposite using XorShift1024Star +
XorShift1024StarPhi with the same seed

SplitXorComposite: XorComposite using XorShift1024Star + TwoCmres (this
is a control)

FAILURE counts for Dieharder:

XorShiftXorComposite : 89, 105, 104, 104, 105, 106, 105, 104
XorShiftSerialComposite : 27, 23, 22
SplitXorComposite : 0, 0, 0
BigCrush has finally finished:

XorShiftXorComposite : 0, 3, 0
XorShiftSerialComposite : 0, 0, 0
SplitXorComposite : 0, 1, 0

These results are actually not bad.

I am wondering about the Dieharder results. I think that originally I did a xor operation on nextLong for the XorShiftXorComposite. Although it should not matter (due to caching of nextLong() to produce ints) I will redo this using nextInt for all composites as I just did for BigCrush. Dieharder did take an extremely long time so to make sure I will repeat Dieharder after a machine reboot. A linux update to c libraries may have affected it.

Alex