Von: Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Sunday, August 30, 2020 3:46:27 PM
An: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: [All] New repo for all proper components as submodules?

I’m a +/0 here. I’ve always had a headache in dealing with this mechanism of
dependency managment. I would think we’d do better to rely on on the default
dependency management system of the language (e.g. maven). That said, when
there is no other mechanism (maybe with C++), then submodules can be
acceptable. But they are hard to manage for folks that aren’t particularly
adept at git. If it is for C, our expectation of our contributers is that they
be quite good, so in that case it is indeed ok.

 Thoughts?

-Rob