Le ven. 6 août 2021 à 04:01, Matt Juntunen <matt.a.juntu...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Gilles,
>
> > I do _not_ ask any work to be done in order to complicate the release
> > process and/or review.
> > My question was (cf. above and the other thread) whether singling out
> > the "examples" module has any benefit (apart from saving a few bytes
> > on Maven Central).
>
> Yes, I believe it is beneficial. If nothing else, it keeps maven
> central and the project site uncluttered and reduces the chance of
> user confusion.

I do not see where the problem is supposed to be (with Maven Central).
But, either way, it's not worth fighting over it, as long as the examples
are kept in sync with the code (and this is done at the lastest as part
of the current release process).  [The counter-example is "Commons
Math", where the code examples were not kept up to date with the
main code...]
For the site, I believe that the examples should be there, as they are
show-cases (for users!) of fully-working applications.[1]

Gilles

[1] See e.g.
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/commons-rng-examples/commons-rng-examples-quadrature/xref/index.html