Hello.

> > [...]
> > I have raised PR #113 after rebasing to the master branch with Alex's
> > checkstyle changes
> >
> > As per feedback, I have made the following changes
> > a) Added javadoc comments
> > b) Ensured test coverage
> > c) Renamed accessors on the interface
> >

> [...]
>

> > > In "DComplex", I propose that the accessors be named "real()" and
> > > "imag()" (or just
> > > "re()" and "im()").  ["DComplex" is not a very satisfying name either...]
> >
> > For the interface name, shall I change it to Complex64 from DComplex?
> >

> In c the 'complex' keyword is a suffix:
>
> double complex c1;
> float complex c2;
> long double complex c3;
>
> In c++ the type is generic (and read as a suffix):
>
> complex<double> c1;
> complex<float> c2;
>
> Either of these would be my preference over DComplex or Complex64.

Just to be sure: Are we discussing this because "Complex" is
already taken?

> > > Are we sure that all this code needs to be part of the public API?
> > > If not, I'd suggest limiting accessibility to "package-private".
> >
> > Are you referring to the static methods in ComplexFunctions and
> > ComplexBiFunctions classes?
> > I think they would need to be public for developers to be able to compose
> > multiple operations...
> >

> The static helper functions have been extracted to support all the ISO c99
> operations on the list structure of complex numbers.
>
> A list will ideally implement a generic foreach operation. So to apply a
> single function only requires making the static functions public. The
> alternative is to make the list expose all the ISO c99 operations in its
> public API.
>
> To create a composite function that eventually writes back to the list can
> be implemented by writing intermediate values to a result which is then
> passed to the next operation. This can be satisfied by using the Complex
> class. This already exposes all the ISO c99 functions. So perhaps it is not
> required to make all the helper functions public for the purpose of
> composing multiple operations. But it would be helpful for all the single
> operations.

I may be one or more steps behind, sorry, but I still cannot figure
out how the API is supposed to be applied (IOW, the "use cases").
I'm still at "provide functions that operate on a list of complex numbers".
But the subsequent question: For what purpose?
Some weeks ago (IIRC), I asked the same and whether the only use
case was FFT...