I follow the exchanges with great interest.

To make a few things more clear:
- All Camel extra components are optional and we do not
deliver/release/deploy it with our normal Apache Camel releases (and we do
not plan to do this).
- As package name, we use org.apacheextras.camel.xxx
- As Maven groupId we use org.apache-extras.camel.xxx
- The source code and hosting the source code is not an issue.

- It's more the question on leveraging the other Apache infrastructure
(JIRA, mailing list, Confluence, may be Jenkins, ...) for Apache Extra
projects.
- The reason for this is question is convenience. 8 of the 12 Camel extra
Owners/Committers [1] are Apache Camel committers or Apache Camel PMC
member.

[1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/people/list

Best,
Christian