On 19.03.2015 06:22, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> +1 for GitHub  - as Apache Extras are easily mini-communities of one
> or two people and not as clear way in to contribute.
>

> GitHub should seriously be considered. Making an apache-extras
> organization there should be straight forward.

GitHub neither provides nor allows the kind of service that Apache
Extras needs. It's pretty much useless as a pure download server, their
terms explicitly say they can shut down a project without notice if they
don't like its bandwidth characteristics.

> As for binaries - I found it very useful to use BinTray for Beanshell
> - as I could do both Maven and regular downloads:

Do please consider that all the world cannot use Maven just as all the
world is not written in Java.

-- Brane