On 12 March 2015 at 22:55, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12/03/2015 Roger and Beth Whitcomb wrote:
>
>> I was involved at one point on behalf of Pivot (where we have several
>> projects), and Andrea Pescetti on behalf of Open Office was also
>> involved (since they have a bunch of stuff there).  But things have gone
>> quiet for about 2 months.  There was a second prototype that looked
>> pretty good (to us).  But, I don't know the state of things now.
>>

> It was not me personally, but the OpenOffice project as a whole. We are
> now using http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/ in the
> OpenOffice trunk and it works for us (our needs are limited to storage of
> some optional build dependencies; for the record, Github won't allow that).
>
> http://sourceforge.net/directory/apache_extras is the link to the latest
> proposal for an ASF-wide replacement. There was little interest all times
> the matter was discussed on this list, so OpenOffice just moved on and
> started using the SourceForge space.

I support Andrea strongly here, AOO need a decision on this, apache_extras
is an essential part of our downloads, and not just "extras".

Personally I think the SF solution is what we as ASF need, unless Infra
prefer to host it on our own hardware, and do not have a problem with the
download bandwidth.

Can I please politely ask the people, who says (or others say) they are
working on this theme, to come to a decision. This seems to be a matter
where a single person could make the decision but we still continue
discussing.