On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 02:23:58PM +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Replying to the public list + Stefan only.

Thanks for keeping him in the loop :)

> An excuse to travel to Berlin? you bet ;-)

\  |  /
- :-) -
/  |  \

> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Isabel Drost-Fromm <isa...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...If we want organised tracks, I'd need speakers....
>
> I remember when Ross Gardler organized Transfer Summit a few years ago
> he sent a few of us abstracts of what he'd like us to speak about at
> the conference. I think that was a great way of selecting a core team
> of speakers with a consistent message overall, and you can still leave
> a few slots for a more traditional CfP if you do that.

That is a great idea. Will add this to the list of things to keep in mind (after
creating that list in the first place).

> > ...Should someone want professional videos and want to pay for that I can
> > see if I can get you in touch with the
> > ppl who have done this in the past at Buzzwords,...
>
> Do you have a rough idea of the budget for that? I think such videos
> can have great value and they are inline with the ASF's mission, being
> about our core values and principles.

I'll get you the numbers. (The ones I remember are fairly outdated, last time I
was involved with that is years ago.)

> I'm definitely interested in participating and would submit a talk if
> there's a call for papers.

Great to hear. I always loved your community track talks at ApacheCon.

Isabel

--
Sorry for any typos: Mail was typed in vim, written in mutt, via ssh (most
likely involving some kind of mobile connection only.)