On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 09:50:03AM -0400, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 5/11/2017 9:30 AM, Isabel Drost-Fromm wrote:
>>> With some funding and backing and minimal costs to attendees?
>> This was the idea :) Guess what triggered me writing this mail (in addition
>> Stefan telling me about that space).
> I give up, I do not know.  What triggered it?

Rumors about there not being an ApacheCon EU this year.

>> I'd love to see you here! Can you make it to Berlin? I've seen your start as
>> VP
>> fundraising, would be great to meet in person.
> I will try my best to make it, yes. Pick a date and pick it soon so I
> can lock it on my calendar!

\ | /
-:-)-
/ | \ Awesome!

> I look forward to meeting you in person as
> well and I will be at ApacheCon too.

I won't make it to ApacheCon, new job and such. While I have a mandate to travel
and give talks, I didn't know that when the CfP was out, with family and a 3y
old now is too late to make any plans for Miami.

> NOTE: In filling out the Survey, I wanted to note that Nov 20/21st is
> very near 11/23 which is Thanksgiving Day in the US. These are very very
> large travel days here and likely difficult for attendees.  Perhaps
> something for consideration.

Thanks - I'll take that off my list of potential days quickly then.

Likely the date is either going to be late this year (meh - Berlin is rainy and
cold in autumn), or close to Berlin Buzzwords, and with that close to my own
birthday next year. (The more people the more planning ahead I need on my end as
well.)

Isabel

--
Sorry for any typos: Mail was typed in vim, written in mutt, via ssh (most
likely involving some kind of mobile connection only.)