My thoughts too (and BTW. I think this is great to start discussion
before we do it).

I think asking people is one thing which is important, but often you
might get answers from people who are outspoken, loud, and have a lot
of time - which I think is not the crowd we want to engage.

As one of the "loud" people, I see the need of getting others engaged.
I think from earlier discussions we see that there is a huge group of
people that we miss on and while they might just start reading when
they see a positive and "personal" content, it's unlikely they will
engage now and tell what they need, I am afraid.
I personally think the big point of the idea here is to make people
more curious about what's going on, and make them aware that ASF might
be a "friendly" and "safe" (but also not welcoming to disruption)
environment - one where they will not be afraid to speak and
participate (and engage later).

This is my "big hairy goal" to achieve at least when I think of it :).

I thought a bit about it, I tried to think of what was the best way to
make "use" of the loud people we have to get to the "not loud" ones.

My proposal/idea (not super well formed though) is - maybe we could
reach out to some of those "loud" people like me and ask them
directly. We ask them to identify someone in their area of influence
who is "not loud", but does some fantastic things (and ask them
personally to provide some few paragraph statements of what they are
proud of. I think this might be the best way to "make a good use"
those loud people (like me) to do community building (this has few
nice properties - this might give the "loud" people some achievement,
and make them proud that they helped someone to step up, it might show
them that they can achieve more positive things by encouraging others
and few more things I can think of). This also has the potential of a
"snowball" effect as the people who step-up might later encourage
others.

I am not sure what's the best way to reach out to those "loud" people
- but maybe simply reaching out to them personally is best. Almost by
definition, we all know who those "loud" people are, we could probably
split between ourselves who we reach out to if we know them better or
interact with them. That might be a good seed and "test" if we can get
something this way.

WDYT?

J.