On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 12:46 PM Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> Ok, looks like we have three volunteers - Josh Fisher, Dave Fisher, and
> Andrew Wetmore. So I don't feel like I'm doing this alone, which is
> good.
>
> What we need to do still is:
>
> 1) Pitch this to the membership to determine whether this should land
> on members@ or members-notify@
> 2) Write sample newsletter: https://hackmd.io/0eeIQ7wDQnKr-LAgN6QqLA
> 3) Figure out intake tooling (could just be a Google Form) for getting
> content in
> 4) Figure out our schedule/deadlines to ensure that we get this out in
> a predictable cadence.
>
> I'm going to draft a proposal to send to members@ (probably won't
> happen today) and run it back past this thread, unless someone beats me
> to it.

I'm a big fan of Cunninham's law:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham%27s_Law

Accordingly, I've taken the sample newsletter and posted it here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASFP/Member+Moment+-+April+2022

I've changed March to April.  Added a mention of the June members
meeting.  Changed the link to the ASF board meeting to the April
meeting.  Added a link to the whimsy page that tracks members watch.

The advantage of the "ASFP" wiki is that it is member private and all
ASF members have update access.

Unless there is a strong objection or better proposal the content of
that page as it exists on April 5th will be sent to
members-notify,subject to approval by Joe Brockmeier.

- Sam Ruby