This isn't totally related but I can describe my experience creating a
new project in Eclipse for Android 2.2 FroYo using Cordova 2.2 (I'm in
Linux, Ubuntu 10.04):

I got it to work but I had to be a little creative.  It works pretty
much out of the box for making 4.0 Android, but the
AndroidManifest.xml file was a problem for 2.2.  I solved it by
borrowing a manifest from Cordova 2.0 and after that it compiled and
ran. A simple solution, I think, would be to use a flag or argument on
the create script and setting up two or more more manifests in the
templates directory.

Cheers all.  (Love the script idea, makes setting up a new project a
lot quicker)

Marlin