Tried to follow the command-line instructions but get:

agrieve@dhcp-172-23-181-44 ~/git/incubator-cordova-android/framework (asdf)
$ adb shell am instrument -w
com.phonegap/android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner
INSTRUMENTATION_STATUS: id=ActivityManagerService
INSTRUMENTATION_STATUS: Error=Unable to find instrumentation info for:
ComponentInfo{com.phonegap/android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner}
INSTRUMENTATION_STATUS_CODE: -1
android.util.AndroidException: INSTRUMENTATION_FAILED:
com.phonegap/android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner

Changing to org.apache.cordova:
agrieve@dhcp-172-23-181-44 ~/git/incubator-cordova-android/framework (asdf)
$ adb shell am instrument -w
org.apache.cordova/android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner
android.util.AndroidException: INSTRUMENTATION_FAILED:
org.apache.cordova/android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner