That's not what happens though.

When I create a fresh project, the name and version are always the same.

When I run the signing via node, it fails.

Then I'll CD into this exact same project folder and run the signing
manually. It works.

I'll also create a new project manually with that same version and app
name. If I sign it via command line it works. If I do it via my node
script it fails.