So there is something to be said about having devs shift focus from dev to
testing during an RC.  However, as the team grows, not all of us are really
being responsible for cutting releases.  Maybe that means we need to train
the entire team to change current behavior, but that doesn't feel
necessary/scalable.

With growing external contributions, I would have to say that a code freeze
on trunk doesn't seem to make as much sense.

-Michal