We definitely need to do better with understanding the general user. We
can't predict however how they choose to do development ultimately but I
believe the CLI is getting there -- I think it will be a building block
towards (maybe) improved tooling, if not by us, then the community (which I
hope they will contribute back).

Personally its easier for me to use bin/create and plugman, not only
because of the rapid turnaround time for debugging, but also to eliminate
side effects possibly from the CLI. This has caused me to missed bugs
however (like CB-5031).