I was talking about the now called canvas+
I saw an interview to one of the programmers in february, and he refered to
it as "our home made web browser", but according to the doc it's a
javascript interpreter, so it's not really a webview (can't really display
html elements, just translates javascript to native) and then the
restrictions don't apply.
He talked about the webview+ too, but they have released it just for
android, so it might be due to that iOS restriction.