On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We should start a new whitelist plugin related thread.
>
> Why is a plugin blocking a release?  Default (aka no-plugin) behavior
> should be to allow all network requests shouldn't it?

Well, that just might be a blacklist then :)

>   This thread is a
> month long, and not the first discussion of 4.0.0 for Android.

Seriously, though -- the whitelist discussion is much longer than that, and
this isn't the first time that the default no-network-access policy has
been brought up:

(Here's the first question, from *July*:
http://markmail.org/message/t4vj4saisem2mcgw
Here's where I mentioned what the implemented policy was:
http://markmail.org/message/s4necfnh4hnblpjm
And in another discussion: http://markmail.org/message/ap7syhqysizmsvrz)

If we want to reconsider that decision, then we should certainly do so
before we cut a release. I think it would be a real problem to change it
afterwards, so let's get it right.

Also, it's not the plugin itself that's blocking the release, it's us
making sure that we've implemented the core hooks correctly so that the
plugin can actually do its job, and that people who don't want that
particular plugin can make a better one.

(It is also an issue that a plugin, required for cordova-android 4.0.0,
breaks apps which are also building for cordova-ios 3.8.0. I'll take a look
at that, and either remove the ios-native portions of the whitelist plugin,
or neuter it so that it doesn't interfere with an ios app if it's not on
the unplug-whitelist branch of that repo.)

Ian