On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Ryan J. Salva <rsa...@microsoft.com> wrote:

> As I told some of my co-workers today:
>
> If you read the fine print, the actual statistic is “% of developers who
> are developing with the language or tech but have not expressed interest in
> continuing to do so.” Clearly, it’s not a good list to be on, but developer
> behavior also doesn’t reflect their stated intent. NPM Stats show the
> number of Cordova downloads has actually doubled since the same time last
> year.
>
> Again, I don’t think this is a good list to appear on… I’m just not sure
> what to make of it given developer behavior.

I'd rather be on that list instead of not be on any list.  I'd be more
concerned with the fact that we're on the "Losers" section of the trending
tech with a 7% decrease in the number of questions, which indicate that
people either have no problems (not very likely) or are just giving up.  I
haven't been answering questions on Stack for a while, mostly because
they're using some third party framework like ionic or something else.

I also find it interesting that people are hating on Cordova, and not
PhoneGap, Ionic, Taco or the other distributions.