> I think, if anything, what is needed is an overall test of all the pieces
> > together, but I don't think this means modifying every package.json of
> > every module every night.
> >

> That is exactly what my proposal aims to accomplish.

I agree that we should test all the pieces together frequently.
We don't need to mess with our committed master versions for this.
Instead we should do nightly integration tests. That means we would be
modifying every package.json of every module every night.
__Temporarily, on the build server and NOT in the repository__

Finally, I agree with Oliver Salzburg. Setting up these tests will be some
work.
And I would rather not have the additional integration testing at all, than
regularly depend on nightly versions in master.