On Jul 9, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 9 Jul 2010, at 16:20, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> I looked at the thread and these was the last patch that I saw.
>>
>> user@ brought up the topic of a new design so I though I'd go and commit
>> that one. I'm not married to anything here and happy to commit any other
>> patches brought to my attention.
>
> Sure, and it's refreshing to see some actual movement here.
>
> However, my concern is that changing the brand of a website is a Big Deal. If
> the blue design is still a viable option, only needing some minor work before
> a patch can be ready, then it would have made more sense to wait for that.
> Switching out to a third design in the near future may confuse users and
> damage our brand.
>
> Does anyone know where we stand on the blue design?

last I checked it was just the front page that had been done. I was surprised
to see the patch also, but I do like movement.

it'd be a lot of work to bring the other pages into the blue design (I think)

that said, I wrote some front page copy for it that I think is more reflective
of our use-case than the technical copy that's been on the front page forever.

http://github.com/jchris/couchdb_web/blob/master/index.html#L76