> Before doing any changes to view server protocol, I would prefer to
> start working on a better implementation of js insde CouchDB. The
> current implementation (ie using one os process for each call/request
> ) even limited in a pool of process limit what you can do for obvious
> reason.

What limitations do you mean?

I don't think the view server should ever *block* on anything other than
processing and should still be forbidden from doing IO.

We do need to implement a non-blocking line protocol for external processes
and maybe some better support for a long term generic changes listener but
allowing the view server to go off and do IO is an *incredibly* bad idea.