Klaus Trainer wrote:
I believe the greatest advantage of HTTP over other more efficient
protocols is that you can easily integrate it with any other web stuff.
For example browsers.
absolutely
Of course, there might be way more efficient protocols to support P2P
replication, but the tradeoff is reasonable, I think.
This is precisely where I see a different protocol being more useful. I've avoided using Couch in a couple of large, distributed applications because I really don't want to bite off the management of large numbers of 2-party links for replication. A P2P or multi-cast protocol would avoid that problem.

Miles