On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:55, Jan Lehnardt <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> This breaks the basic requirement of not requiring networks access for
> an installation which I remember Noah is advocating.

Well, with doing it in the build system I really meant something that
pulls them in for the tarball (or a tarball -- have one with, and one
without the deps).

> I think we can agree on that packaging and distribution is a tricky
> business and that there are not general right or wrong ways of doing
> it, just different priorities for certain trade-offs.

Certainly agreed, though I think that, if you're putting deps in your
version control tree, a certain effort is required to:

(a) track how our version and upstream's compare, e.g. at the least
make clear which version or revision our version is based on (oauth
has none of this, apparently), and

(b) spend quite some time making sure patches we need (or some
variant of them) go upstream (for example, I'm not seeing any upstream
issue about getting SSL into mochiweb -- maybe there has been other
contact).

Cheers,

dirkjan