On Jun 6, 2012, at 16:21 , Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Jan Lehnardt <j...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hans, this looks great thanks!
>>
>> If nobody objects, I'll link the binary on the website directly.
>>

> Hmmm not to fast... :)
>

> 1. I think we need to test it (period time). And I would love to have
> feedback.

Good call :)

Some people here have posted success. I posted this on twitter and wait for
feedback which I post here (none so far).

> 2. We had this discussion during the summit : do we link to binaries
> or host binaries ?
> Actually what is the status of the windows one ?

I'd say if a committer prepares a binary, we can ship it as part of
the apache download infrastructure, like we do with the Windows
binary now. If it is an externally provided binary we just link to
it.

> Also why not a page on the wiki that collect all unofficial binaries
> and the way to install on different OS ?

I'd say that we should have prominent binaries available as one-click
from the website.

We should totally also have a wiki page that lists all the others,
when they become available.

Cheers
Jan