On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Yashin Mehaboobe <yashin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alexander: I was thinking of starting to create the RST file from current
> release only. From now on, a unique file will be created for each branch
> release (with the commit hash/version as the name?).

Is this structure is ok for you?
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/1781-reorganize-and-improve-docs/share/doc/src/whatsnew

It's per release branch however, but should be more easy to inject new
release changes.

> About the integration of upgrade notes and CVE warnings into the file,
> could you please suggest from where I can pull the data? Is it usually
> present in the Git repository or the JIRA?

Probably, there is no such source to pull from. CVE information
theoretically could be found at
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi
but they still has no info about three latest issues: 2012-5641,
2012-5649 and 2012-5650.

AFAIK, CVE issues are announces at dev@ and security@ (?) mailing
lists. Also I'd put them at:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/1781-reorganize-and-improve-docs/share/doc/src/cve

However, I'm not sure how you plan to parse such data.

Upgrade noted still have to be written manually since only devs and
testers are knows what have changes and what actions are needed to
upgrade CouchDB to the newest release, so generated file with changes
have to be placed under version control - that's how I see the problem
and solution, but there may be others.

--