Hello!

I woke up today, with the first thing on my todo list: submit a ticket to
create a design@ML account. (Sry Kxepal!)

But then, I did not expect all the responses :)

It is a pleasant surprise for one of my proposal to generate so many emails.
It means that the community is *active*, and that people are passionate and
feel empowered enough to have an opinion to make it a better place. And good
ideas are always welcome remember?

I really like that everyone is welcome to voice their opinions and thoughts on
the mailing list.
No one is a mind reader. But reading gives us a secret power to reading
thoughts.

The mailing list gives me a searchable, and easy way to keep up with
everything, it is nearly real-time,
but can also work async, and it also gives people the chance to formulate their
thoughts a bit better than IRC.

I thought that a design@ML would be best for this,

HOWEVER, now after reading the discussion, I have changed my mind, and now
believe that that hosting design discussions for designers would be better on a
platform like medium.com, or at least someplace where we can host screenshots
of our ideas.

That is a good idea! I am going to submit a proposal to do that instead of the
mailing list idea.

It will *SHOW* we are really trying to make the community a welcome place for
designers,
in their own language, without the overhead of a ML.

Lets move our platform-for-design-for-CouchDB discussion stuff there.

The other stuff:
        - You guys are arguing over what will make the CouchDB community
better, the MOST. This is a bit silly, but makes me smile, and my heart swell
with pride and happiness that everyone is on-board and trying making this
better.
        - All of this is hard to do.
        - I think everyone is doing a good job.

Michelle

PS. ermouth: I am sorry Cloudant broke somethings of yours. We were trying to
make things safer. We did not mean to intentionally break anything.