Hit send too soon, see below

----- Original Message -----

a mailing list gives us exactly what you said would be good:
a permanent record of the choices made, a way to ensure everyone
can participate (everyone has access to Email, but not necessarily
to IRC or Slack, and definitely not being somewhere in person), and
a simple format for proposals that everyone can agree upon. It's
also a push-not-pull format, which ensures everyone who wants to
be involved, can be.