> it would be incredibly helpful to have thorough documentation

I agree.  There is some documentation in the module's doc/ directory, but it is
very brief.  There are also some example descriptors in the example/ directory.
 The -resource also has some example xmls and dictionaries.

It isn't much, but I have a small plate heaped with large portions of many
courses and very little time to document.  If there are questions please write
me and I'll update the documentation as necessary.  Anybody else that feels
inclined can also add to the docs.  Eventually the documentation should be
moved to reside with the rest of the cTakes docs.

Sean