"2" doesn't mean much. The newer NER should have in its name the Behavior...

Perhaps something like MetaMap Usage
<http://metamap.nlm.nih.gov/Docs/MM09_Usage.shtml> "--allow_overmatches" or
 "--allow_concept_gaps" or .....other?

Since yTex already provides a pluggable *DictionaryLookup, *that seems like
the best place to define the differing Behavior /  Usage.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/User's+Guide
https://code.google.com/p/ytex/wiki/DictionaryLookup_V05

AndyMC