Sorry to weigh in so late on this -- just returned from vacation. If we
want to have a one release delay before making dictionary2 default for
testing/documentation/configuration purposes, and there isn't an obvious
function-related name, and the main difference is speed, maybe we could
call it dictionary-lookup-fast? Besides being accurate and more
descriptive than "2", it might lure people into trying it and give us
some feedback.

Tim

--
Tim Miller