Hi Christian,

+1 for introducing the Camel style URL for the JMS configuration.
In Camel, you just need to specify the jms component's connection factory, then the JMS component can take care of the URL itself.

In you proposal , we need to add a TransportConfig element for the endpoint which could contain the Transport specified configuration for the JMSConduit or JMSDestination. I think we could go further, as you know for the HttpJettyDestination , there need to do some configuration for JettyServerEngine which is also a transport level configuration.
We could also set the URLConnection factory for the HttpConduit in this way.

Since most current CXF configration are based on parser an XML to Java Object by JAXB and few Spring style bean class injection. If we introduce the TransportConfig element and lots of transport configuration could be changed.
Maybe we can do this in CXF 3.0.

Any thoughts?

Willem

Christian Schneider wrote:
Hi,

after GlenĀ“s Mail about my tutorial for setting up JMS for CXF with Apache Camel on the dev list there was a discussion about improvements for the JMS config for CXF. I have written a proposal how I think this could be done. My focus is only on the configuration syntax not the implementation but I think it can be done. Here is the link to the proposal. I would be very interested in your opinions about this style of configuration:

http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2008/08/30/Proposal+for+a+new+JMS+Transport+configuration+for+CXF

Best regards

Christian