Hi Sergey,
Yes, I would like to work on integrating your JAX-RS work with the JAX-WS patch I put together. I'm still very inexperienced with CXF internals, so I may need a little hand holding.

I took a quick look at JAXRSClientFactory and JAXRSClientFactoryBean. It looks like these don't share a common interface or superclass with ClientProxyFactoryBean or JaxWsProxyFactoryBean. This means that AbstractPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.createClientProxyFactoryBean() won't be able to return a JAXRSClientFactoryBean.

Should all of these client-side proxy factories implement a common interface? I'll admit to being a little lost here, as I still can't figure out the difference between JaxWsClientFactoryBean and JaxWsProxyFactoryBean :(

Thanks,
Josh

Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

Hi

I'm planning to integrate the JAX-RS runtime into DOSGi.

Both JAXRS endpoints and client proxies can be created either from Spring or programmatically and they can work with JAXB, Aegis, XmlBeans.

First CXF minimal bundle needs to be updated to include cxf-frontend-jaxrs and depend on jaxrs-1.0 api. This should affect the overall bundle size too much.

Next, as far as DOSGi RI is concerned :

If HTTP intent is available and org.apache.cxf.dosgi.frontend.jaxrs is there then JAXRS gets involved, either on the server or the client sides.

I think that should be enough for a start.

Next we can ensure that no JAX-RS annotations are required for JAXRS runtime to operate in DOSGi case as we now support provisioning of the metadata out of band but it can be done later on..

Josh, if you're interested then we can work on integrating JAX-RS into DOSGi together, given that you've provided a JAXWS patch..

Cheers, Sergey

--
Josh Holtzman
Educational Technology Services, UC Berkeley